Spi-Sun Simulator™ 5600SLP
The Spi-Sun Simulator™ 5600SLP provides superior measurement accuracy and precision for critical module performance measurements. The system allows for better control of “measurement uncertainty” by delivering Class A+ spectral/spatial/temporal performance in combination with a measurement repeatability of ≤ 0.15%. The 5600SLP’s unique features —pulse widths exceeding 130ms and single flash “triple curve” multi-irradiance testing— enable measurement of high effciency silicon, thin film, PERC, HIT and multijunction modules. These versatile capabilities make the simulator ideal for use in applications ranging from R&D to high volume automated production. The innovative optical design also makes the system uniquely suited as a measurement instrument for laboratory institutions and leading national certifcation organizations. The 5600SLP supports a wide range of module types and sizes, and its low profile design facilitates integration into any type of production environment.
The 5600SLP’s superior accuracy delivers reliable measurement results, enabling traceability to international (gold) module standards certifed by the world’s leading certifcation bodies. Spire’s simulators are the industry standard for test organizations worldwide including NREL, UL, TÜV, FSEC, EC-JRC, CSA, KIER, Exova, Intertek.
Features & Benefits
- Industry leading accuracy and precision* for more reliable power measurement and increased profitability
- Best form factor for inline automation interfaces combined with high throughput (30 second typical cycle time)
- Superior repeatability ( ≤ 0.15%) provides the foundation for long-term simulator stability and “matching” of simulators across multiple plant locations
- Class A+ performance (spectral, spatial, and temporal) - exceeds IEC 60904-9 standards
- Reduced measurement uncertainty allows tighter power binning
- Pulse widths exceeding 130ms enable accurate power measurement of high efficiency silicon, thin film, HIT and multi-junction modules
- Low profile design with small footprint integrates easily into any production or test environment
- Long lamp lifetime and rapid lamp change do not affect spectrum or add downtime
* Repeatability and reproducibility
** Sun simulation, high voltage isolation and ground continuity testing, and label printing